We accept walk-ins between 9:30am-11:30am and between 12:30pm-2:30pm Monday through Thursday. The Clerk’s Office will no longer accept online appointments., you may call (770) 528-2000 to schedule an appointment. There is no fee to schedule an appointment but please be prepared to wait. Thank you for your consideration.
We are now accepting applications for passports at the Board of Equalization office. Our office is currently open Monday through Friday, 8:30am-3:00pm. Walk-ins will be accepted Monday through Thursday between 9:30am-11:30am and between 12:30pm-2:30pm. Please bring your completed passport application unsigned. We apologize, but we are currently unable to take passport photos at our facility.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, there are delays in processing times for passports. The current routine processing time is 10-12 weeks, and expedited passports 4-6 weeks. Please refer to the U.S. Department of State’s website at http://travel.state.gov for any travel advisories, restrictions, and passport forms.
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS:
Apply in person using the DS-11 form and provide the following documentation:
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate (or original certificate of naturalization)
- Photo ID
- Passport photo (we are currently unable to offer photos on site)
- Payment in the form of check or money order for passport fee (to be mailed in with application). Separate processing fee can be paid with a cashier’s or certified check, or card.
For Minors: If applying for a minor, both parents must be present with child and present their ID. If one parent cannot be present, Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent” must be completed, signed & notarized along with a FRONT & BACK copy of ID. If a parent or guardian has a court order declaring custody, an ORIGINAL court order must be submitted with the application.
- ) APPLICATION FEE: A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- Write the name and date of birth of the applicant on the front of the check or money order
|MINOR (15 & UNDER)||BOOK: $80||CARD: $15||BOTH: $95|
|ADULT||BOOK: $110||CARD: $30||BOTH: $140|
|MINOR (15 & UNDER)||BOOK: $157.56||CARD: $75||BOTH: $172.56|
|ADULT||BOOK: $187.56||CARD: $90||BOTH: $217.56|
- ) PROCESSING FEE: CASHIER’S CHECK OR CERTIFIED CHECK, DEBIT/CREDIT, OR MONEY ORDER – PAYABLE TO COBB SUPERIOR COURT CLERK
- ROUTINE SERVICE: $35 charge PER application
- EXPEDITE SERVICE: $59.70 PER application (with overnight shipping) $35 (without overnight shipping)
RENEWALS FOR ADULTS (PASSPORT WAS ISSUED AT AGE 16 OR OLDER):
You must renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Passport can be submitted with the renewal application
- Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
RENEWALS FOR CHILDREN AGE 15 OR YOUNGER
If renewing a passport for children age 15 or younger, you must re-apply in person using Form DS-11.
- Both parents AND child must be present when applying
- If one parent cannot be present, Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent” must be completed, signed & notarized along with a FRONT & BACK copy of ID attached
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate is required (even with the previous passport)
- Parents photo identification
PASSPORT OFFICE LOCATION:
West Park Government Center
736 Whitlock Avenue
Marietta, GA 30064
Main Phone: 770-528-1639
Passport Administrator: 770-528-2675