Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- All UCC’s must be on the state form. Please click here for the form and instructions.
Trade Name Registration
A trade name is any name used in the course of business that doesn’t include the full legal name of all the owners of the business. In the case of a Limited Partnership, Corporation, or LLC, it’s any name that differs in any respect from the name registered with the Secretary of State.
All companies, businesses, partnerships, associations, and individuals in Georgia using a trade name must register the name.
This is because it is the law and in addition, it helps you open a bank account. Please check with your bank prior to filing. Most banks will require your trade name to match the name on your account in order to open an account.
How to File
- Make sure that the trade name to be registered is not currently being used in the county where your business is located.
- Additionally, in Georgia, state forms for Business Registration have fields in which applicable trade name information should be entered.
- In some cities and counties, you’ll first need to secure a state tax identification number, a trade name registration and zoning approval for your business location. Additionally, your business may also need to apply for corporate registrations, professional licenses, or other special operating permits prior to application. It is in your best interest to consult with an attorney prior to filing to ensure your rights are protected.
- Trade Name Registration Form
*Information on incorporating a business www.georgia.gov