All plats are to be filed and recorded in the office of the Clerk of Superior Court, Real Estate Department. Our Recording Room is located on the 2nd floor of our building, click here for address.
The law is very specific and requires that the following standards and specifications be followed in order for us to accept and file your map or plat. Please read and follow these directions carefully to prevent your map or plat from being rejected.
Recording a plat requires the following:
- Any such maps or plats shall be a good legible copy, such as a blue, white, or other commercial print reproduced from an original.
- Maps or plats can not be less than 8 1/2 by 11 inches and no larger than 24 by 36 inches in size.
- Two original copies with signatures in contrasting color ink.
- A digital copy that has been created to full scale, properly signed and in Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) CCITT Group 4 compression and having a 200 DPI resolution. (This may not be the default compression mode for your software, it is important to verify this to prevent the plat from being rejected).
- A digital copy shall be submitted to the clerk on a compact disc (CD). We do not accept flash drives.
Please click here to view a detailed summary of Georgia’s Plat Laws.